The Precaliber 20 Freewheel will have your little rider begging to go out for a pedal on their first real big kid bike. It's a great transition model from stabilisers. It has one speed, two hand brakes and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for a light mount. For kids aged 6–8, between 45–52˝ (114–132 cm) tall.
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame, one speed and two hand brakes with kid-sized levers that are easy to pull. Plus, a kickstand and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount. Everything on this bike is built to last, so it'll still feel like new when handed down to younger siblings.
What you'll love
- This bike has hand brakes so kids can gain confidence using them before stepping up to a geared bike
- One speed is all you need – a simple set-up gives kids confidence and helps them stay in control
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal – Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes